Monday 22 April 2013

OnTracktoRio- Deji Tobais



Watch out Bolt
At just 21 GB 200m runner Deji Tobais is already hitting 20 second times!


Deji thank you for taking part in our feature OnTracktoRio tell our readers a bit about yourself?
Well I'm an up an coming sprinter that has been a part of the sport for 10+ years so among my peers I feel experienced even though I'm only 21... I mainly focus on the 100/200 short sprints.

What have you achieved on the track in the so many years you have been involved with athletics? 
From that what do you regard as your greatest achievement?
I've achieved many national titles at age group level in those 10 years in the sport and have had the greatest pleasure of representing Great Britain and England on different occasions.

My greatest achievement to date was breaking the 21 seconds Barrier because for me it felt like a long time coming and then I took a huge lump out of my pb in one go!



What would you say makes you different from other athletes that has got you to the standard you are at today?
The biggest difference in myself is patience and perseverance. Track spiriting really takes a hell of a long time to learn your trade in the sport and in technical events like the short sprints it's all about perfecting.

The question everyone wants to know is will you be ready for Rio and if so what do you regard as a realistic achievement?
I see Rio definitely as a target in my career but I have set other goals and aims before the big one.
Its all about taking it one step at a time, for me rushing gets me nowhere


What do you do outside of the track?
Outside of the track, I'm at Hertfordshire University full time studying business with sports studies. With one day the aim of being an agent at some point.

Who has been your idol on the track and how have they inspired you?
I don't have many track idols but I get a lot of motivation from my parents and without them I wouldn't even be interested in the sport!

Finally if there was a message you could give to upcoming athletes what would it be?
The message I would give to youngsters of today is, to be patient and trust your close family members is key.

Thank you Deji if you just can't believe how quick this man is then check out the proof here!

Or if Deji has truly just inspired you then drop him a Tweet!

Tracktics sprint stars: Robertson, Alaka and Tobais

No comments:

Post a Comment